April 1, 2013

My Style: British Invasion Fad


Today's Look:  is all about the U.K.  Has anyone else noticed the British Invasion that is happening? From the bands we listen to on the radio (Florence and the Machine, One Direction, Cher Lloyd, etc.) to the clothes we are wearing these days, the U.K. has seemed to have taken control.  Every store I have been in lately has had a least 3 things with the British flag on it.  After weeks of this occuring, I finally broke down and bought this shirt. I liked it because even though it is the British flag, it's subtle and bedazzled. If you know me, you know how I love things that are bedazzled.  To contrast with the black shirt, I wore bright white skinny jeans and light suede booties.

Outfit Details: Shirt by Forever 21, Jeans by MissMe, Boots & Purse by Betsey Johnson.

Fashion Tip:  Don't go overboard with the U.K. fad that is happening right now.  Eventually it will go away, and all you will be left with is a ton of items with the British flag on them and the thought of "Why did I buy this?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment