June 21, 2013

My Style: Wild Child


Today's Look:  is all about the animal printed high-wasited shorts.  The unique rust color of the denim and metal studs sewn onto the sides really makes the piece pop.  Since the shorts are intricate, I chose a simple black v-neck shirt to match, not pulling attention away.  To go along with a jungle inspired theme, I wore my black combat boots, black fringe purse, and a tarnished gold tribal necklace.  Even though the outfit only consists of two colors, black and rust, it is far from dull.  The animal print studded shorts, suede fringe purse, boots, and wild necklace all make the outfit interesting and work without needing more colors.  To finish off the look, I braided my hair to the side leaving wisps out framing my face for a more casual, messy look.


Outfit Details:  Shorts by Rehab Clothing at urbanog.com, Top by Mossimo at Target (Prescott, Arizona), Boots by Steve Madden at Nordstrom (Scottsdale, Arizona), Purse by American Eagle at ae.com, Earrings by EarthBound Trading Co. (Flagstaff, Arizona), Necklace at World Market (Prescott, Arizona).


Fashion Tip:  When wearing patterned shorts, make sure to wear a top that not only matches the shorts, but also compliments rather than distracts from. 


No comments:

Post a Comment