August 5, 2013

My Style: The 411 on Navy with Black


Today's Look:  is all about breaking the rules.  One of my favorite fashion rules to break is the "Never wear navy with black" rule.  Many people in business wear navy suits and black shoes and don't match them with a black belt, or wear brown shoes with black socks.  When doing so, they are considered to be doing a faux pas or fashion suicide.  When done correctly, the colors navy blue and black look great together.


To start the look off, I chose my navy high-low blouse and gray, whitewashed miniskirt.  I loved how the top was loose, as well as long in the back and how the form-fitting skirt looked nice underneath it.  In honor of back to school, I wore my black, studded backpack and black high-heeled ankle boots to add some edge.  Finishing off the look, I wore a beaded pendant necklace, a silver fish bracelet, three rings, and a spiked, black headband.


Outfit Details:  Top at Forever 21 (Tucson, Arizona), Skirt by Nollie at PacSun (Scottsdale, Arizona), Boots at Charlotte Russe (Tucson, Arizona), Backpack by Pink at Victoria's Secret (Prescott, Arizona), Necklace at Buckle (Prescott, Arizona), Headband at Claire's (Tucson, Arizona),  Earrings at Fancy That (Prescott, Arizona), Stone Ring at Disney Vault 28 (Anaheim, California), Band Rings at Aeropostale (Tucson, Arizona).


Fashion Tip:  When wearing navy with black,  make sure to pull each color into the outfit.  For example I pulled the black ankle boots in by wearing a black backpack.  Also, a loose high-low blouse is perfect to wear with a tight mini skirt.  The blouse not only makes the skirt more modest, but it also makes a unique outfit.  


Below, I included more outfit ideas of how to rock black and navy together.  


Clothes, accessories, and photo found here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment