June 15, 2014

My Style: Funky Town


Today's Look:  was perfect for a summer day in Cali.  When I first saw this tribal-printed challis fabric jumpsuit, I thought of the 1970’s free-spirit fashions and vacation fun.  So when I began styling the piece, I wanted to showcase those characteristics.  The first accessory, that I knew would complement the jumpsuit, was the sunglasses.  Once I put those sunglasses on with the one-piece, I decided to channel my inner disco dancing queen.  Next, I chose the cutout wedges, which remind me of platforms that they would have worn back in the 70s but with an update of course.  For jewelry, I went more boho to bring out the relaxed silhouette of the wide leg pants.   I wore rustic silver with turquoise detailing necklace and ring, along with a wooden bracelet.  I truly had a blast wearing this outfit and I can’t wait for my next opportunity to rock this jumpsuit.  Hope you all had a wonderful Father’s Day weekend.  Xoxo, Shelly


Outfit Details:  Jumpsuit & Bracelet courtesy of Charlotte Russe ❤ | Wedges by Jessica Simpson from Dillard's | Sunglasses from Basement Marketplace | Necklace by Lucky Brand from Dillard's | Rings from Forever 21 | Earrings from Earthbound Trading Company 


Fashion Tip:  Jumpsuits are back!  Deal with it.  ☮












2 comments: