June 25, 2014

My Style: Velours Rouge


Today's Look:  was styled with one of the hottest trends in mind: 90's grunge.  First, I started with this stunning red crushed velvet dress from Immediate Fashion Company.  The ankle length hem and spaghetti straps reminded me so much of 1990's styling which totally called for platform sandals and a choker.  To update the staple pieces of the classic ensemble, I wore leather platforms with nice thick straps and a layered choker made of leather with a silver-plated, bedazzled bead; back in the '90s, platform flip flops and plastic chokers were all the rage.  I styled the dress, sandals, and necklace with a skull lace kimono, multiple rings, a silver cuff bracelet, and a jewelry hair clip from Floaters, which gave the look a slightly more bohemian vibe.  For any readers who may have missed my previous post featuring Immediate Fashion Company, they recently opened a new location at 2000 East Broadway Boulevard in Tucson, Arizona!  I definitely recommend giving them a look and anyone can shop their online store at http://www.immediatefashioncompany.com/.  Originally based in California, the store has such friendly customer service, kind owners, and darling clothes.   It's so exciting to see them expanding, and I can't wait to visit their Tucson store this summer!  


Outfit Details:  Dress courtesy of Immediate Fashion Company ❤ | Hair Accessory courtesy of Floaters ❤ | Nail Polish OPI in "Dating a Royal" courtesy of Sunset 45Kimono from Hot Topic | Platforms from Steve Madden | Choker from PYKNIC2 | Earrings, Bracelet, & Midi Ring from Earthbound Trading Co. | Middle Rings from Maurices | Cross Ring from Forever 21 | Faith Ring from Premier Designs


Fashion Tip:  I was so excited to showcase my first Floaters's hair accessory in this post, because I truly think they are the new "it" accessory.  Anyone else remember when everyone came back to school after summer vacation with a feather weaved into their hair or the dyed neon color hair strip fad?  Well, Floaters are way better than both of those, because they can easily be clipped on or off of your hair, they come in all different designs and lengths, and they are beautiful jewelry.  If you want to start a new trend at your school or in your town, then get yours ASAP at http://www.hairfloaters.com/.







Last but not least, I tried something new this week!  To show you how Floaters's hair accessories work, I made a short video demonstrating how easy the hair jewelry can be clipped on and off.  It's a little over a minute, so short and sweet.  Check it out below :) 



        




8 comments:

  1. Really cute outfit! I would love to wear floaters, but no way am I having an accessory tangled in my hair lol. I love the velvet dress with the kimono. The sandals are super cute! ♡

    xx AlexisSplash

    http://deadlikeyourfame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AlexisSplash for all your kind words! Also, I wore the floaters all day and they didn't get tangled or pull my hair once. :) I totally recommend them!

      Xoxo, Shelly

      Delete
  2. great outfit in the hot!:)) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are SO stunning! love the dress, the kimono and those shoes!
    such a perfect outfit.
    I have never worn floaters, they look very nice but I'm afraid I'd lose them or something... :)
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma! :) Floaters are like any other piece of jewelry, so don't be scared. haha It's always fun to try something new ♡

      Xoxo, Shelly

      Delete
  4. That black kimono is so gorgeous! I absolutely love it with the crushed velvet!


    xo freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete