October 8, 2015

My Style: Pretty in Paisley


What is university life like?  May I rant for just a moment?  I thought teachers would allow laptops, cell phones, absences, and freedom.  I thought I could go where I wanted when I wanted.  My parents would tell me stories about classes at UCLA having 400 students and the professor wouldn't even know you were there or not.  Weeeeellllllll, my average class size at NAU is 20 and the professors take roll the moment class starts.  Part of your grade is attendance!  We can't use electronics unless they are for the project.  This is my least favorite part.  It's like an extension of high school.  I get it--they want us to focus and learn.  But as a transfer student, this semester is total review for me; if I have to hear about the "elements and principles of design" one more time, I'm going to implode.  Just warning those of you out there that thought you'd have all this freedom or time (they load you up on so much work as if their one class is your only class).  I don't mean to sound ungrateful; I am blessed to be able to attend a university.  Next semester, hopefully, I will begin to learn new techniques and be inspired.  It's tough being a college student...  One bright star:  you can wear what you want, which for me is a lot different than high school.

So, here's a pretty outfit to wear on a warm fall day.  As I've told you before, Hollister has amazing pieces.  The prints, the materials, and the cuts are perfect.  This coordinated outfit flows on the body and has the gorgeous fall colors of navy, burgundy, and tan.  To keep warm as the sun goes down, I added this beautiful crocheted sweater by Kersh, another favorite brand of mine.  Add some Betsey Johnson lace up booties, and you are ready to take on the world--at least for one day.

I truly would love to hear how your fall season is holding up, and I promise I will try to count my blessings versus contemplating what little freedom I have.  I am loving my apartment though!  Once I'm totally done decorating, I will try to take some great photos and make a blog post for you.  Decorating is a blast--I can totally understand why people become interior decorators.  I'm trying my best to juggle college work and blog work.  Thank you all for bearing with me and being so lovely.  Xoxo, Shelly















             


19 comments:

  1. Those booties are so unique! I've never seen any that lace up in the back!

    And I totally feel you girl. I have one auditorium class; and all the rest are smaller lecture classes. And some professors just don't like when you use electronics or bring drinks, it's so strange! But I love wearing whatever I liked too. Did you have a uniform too in high school? Ugh, that was the worssttttt.

    Peace & Love // Celestralite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celeste, the booties are the best--I adore Betsey Johnson! No uniform in high school but a very strict dress code. A uniform might have been easier! Thank you for feeling my pain--I needed that :)

      Xoxo, Shelly

      Delete
  2. Wonderful sun!

    http://moje-kreacje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paulina. I'm loving photography during the "golden hour" as the sun begins to set.

      Xoxo, Shelly

      Delete
  3. so pretty!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That outfit is gorgeous! I love the lace detail on the boots.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see a post from you! Those shoes are fab!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is such a beautiful boho outfit! Love the matching florals and the cardigan is amazing!
    lunjasky.wordpress.com
    Lunjasky bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! You look amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, these pics look awesome! love your outfit!

    Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous look and stunning photos!
    ➳ Jessica
    http://rusticbones.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautyful!
    http://diaryofarockerheart.blogspot.com/2015/10/white-shirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply stunning! You look so gorgeous and perfect!

    Claire // vonvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your style and your blog! You look beautiful! I would be interested in a possible collaboration if you have any interest.
    XOXO,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loove the look! It looks like you took it from a magazine story!
    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit is such a lovely combination. Love this set! Simple and modern, and at the same time so chic!
    Adorable!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete